- Full independent scaffold to enable access to the work area for asbestos removal.
- Ranch Boarding of all working platforms to enable polythene sheeting to be installed to create an airtight Asbestos controlled work zone containing the Asbestos and preventing it from entering the atmosphere.
- Stair access for safe ingress and egress
- Equipment storage platforms and scaffold emergency exit routes.
Where is Asbestos found?
Asbestos can be found in any industrial or residential building built or refurbished before the year 2000. It is in many of the common materials used in the building trade that you may come across during work.
- Asbestos cement roof
- Asbestos cement panels
- Asbestos cement gutters and downpipes
- Soffits – AIB or asbestos cement
- Asbestos cement flue
Not all asbestos needs to be removed. Undamaged asbestos (and even some damaged asbestos) can be made safe by repairing it and either sealing or enclosing it to prevent damage – a process called asbestos encapsulation.
Encapsulation is a method of covering the asbestos with high-performance bandages and paint coatings to prevent asbestos fibers from escaping. Once encapsulated the area is labeled and added to your Asbestos Register.
Asbestos was only banned in 1999, any building constructed or refurbished before is likely to contain asbestos.
Removal of asbestos should be carried out by fully licensed contractors, They can remove all types of asbestos from roofs, walls, gutters, pipes, lagging, any building prior to refurbishment or demolition works etc.
Asbestos Removal operatives should be CSCS qualified, and annually undergo refresher training to ensure they maintain the required standard in the removal of both licensed and non-licensed asbestos.
What can ADS help with?
ADS Scaffolding specialise in temporary access solutions and safe access in places where other methods of access are impracticable or just not possible.
We can provide any type of scaffold that you require and help and advise you as to the most practical and cost-effective ways of using it. Scaffold examples include:
- Independent access scaffold
- Access towers
- Birdcage scaffolds
- Edge protection
- Temporary roof